Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Frog Prince

The Frog Prince


Steven/Stephen Mitchell. I think.



Review By: Shelby


ok last part!

This book is, as expected, a retelling of the story of the frog prince. I've heard the story before "there was this frog, and a princess kissed it, and it turned into a prince, and they got married" but i thought that was it but.... this is not so.

The feeling of this story is kind of like you're invisible and you're watching the princess and frog and how their story unfolds. It's like the omniscient narrator is letting you look into his binoculars. Stalker. Anyway.

The story is nice, and the princess seems really cool (she could kick Anna Percy's arse.). However, everyone seems quite pedantic. Maybe that's the right word. Well, they seem pedantic to me. I don't get why the author felt like he had to have the narrator give all these speches about how entropy and thermodynamics don't apply to the soul and love. I've heard that kind of stuff in movies so it wasn't very appealing to me in a book. I got used to it though. It's stylistic and i bet it was hard to keep up the style like that.

read? Yeah. It's refreshing. or something.


No comments: