Friday, July 05, 2013

Review: Never Let Me Go


Never Let Me Go
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I really liked this book. Though it's sci-fi, it's much more centered on the drama between a few students from a particular school, following them as they grow up and interact with each other and the world they live in. I don't know how to describe this book, except maybe "gentle"? I think it's hard for novels which are so artistic to be so fully engaging to me at least, but this book certainly had no trouble.

It's also one of those rare cases where the movie is quite like the book. I watched the movie first, which seems to be the better route of doing things if you want to enjoy both. I'd definitely recommend the book , but at the same time, I feel that it's so much like the movie that, having experienced one, you don't need to experience the other to get the full meaning.





View all my reviews

No comments: