Saturday, May 10, 2014

Review: Children of the Mind


Children of the Mind
Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Ah the last book! (Though I guess I have to go back and read Ender in Exile?)

As I understand it, this book was really part two of book three, but was split up so the author would be able to finish it more fully. So while books 1, 2, and three have major events that make them distinguishable as separate, more so even than some newer trilogies, this one is really just a continuation. But I'm not sure how much sense that makes.

For me, this one wasn't as good and one and two. Book three already wasn't a shining star to me (though I really got into the Path's storyline), but I did enjoy it, and enjoyed this one as well, and was happy with the end. I see why the author did what he did, but I think that even in this sci-fi realm he built, it was still a little weird, but that started in book three anyway.

I think it still kept with it's previous installments as being very well written and philosophical.



View all my reviews

No comments: