Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review: Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac


Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I loved Elsewhere and it's on my to re-read list, so when I saw this was by the same author, I had to pick it up.

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac begins with of course, the main character being an amnesiac after falling down the stairs at her school. She must then figure out who she is and who those around her are while navigating a high school where everyone else knows who she is and is dealing with her differences. She learns things about her own life that come to a shock and says some things to people she no longer remembers which hurts them.

It was a fun read, interesting enough that it's a pleasure to read and therefore also a very quick read. It's very cute and I think the relationships between all of the characters worked very well. The one thing that upset me was that in the very beginning when she's going through her room she finds a food diary displaying disturbingly low calorie counts with smiley faces next to them. This is not only met with indifference, but is never again mention in the book and so why even put it there at all?



View all my reviews

No comments: