Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Review: The False Prince


The False Prince
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I loved this book! The first few pages didn't really capture me from the start, because I didn't know how long it'd take for the plot to take off, but about ten pages in I knew it was good. Reading it gave me a sense of nostalgia and deja vu for some great fantasy I read in high school.

Recently, I've had trouble with teen books for various reasons, and while this could have easily fallen into one of my pet peeves of the author withholding too much information from the reader, it didn't. The author expertly handled the main mystery in such a way that I knew it early on, but didn't feel like I had to know it or that from figuring it out there was no need to continue to read. Sometimes an author will be so mysterious that it's hard to enjoy the book, or even understand it, but that did not happen here.

I can't even think of one thing I didn't like. There was nothing that bothered me at all. All the characters were great, the main character was amazing, the premise was good, it was fast paced, and I can't wait to read the next book, which I've already requested from the library. It's been a while since I wrote a "review" but I liked this book so much I felt I should tell people. :)



View all my reviews

No comments: