Saturday, September 20, 2014

Review: The Bone Clocks


The Bone Clocks
The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I won an advanced reader's copy through goodreads. I've watched Cloud Atlas but have yet to read the book. From talks with other people, this book may be a bit similar.

The Bone Clocks first follows our Main character, Holly. Holly used to hear voices until a doctor took them away. This is a terrible summary, and you might want to look up an official one.

For me, the book took some time to get to the point of the story, the point of which I'm not quite sure in the end what it was. It was really that section before the last where we really understand what Holly and previous characters were experiencing - what the whole novel was leading up to. Because the reveal was so late, there was a lot of information packed into that section, and hard to keep up with everything.

I still found the novel interesting and enjoyed reading it. I at first worried about jumping through time, especially after I'd gotten to the second section and didn't see anyone I knew around, but as I read through, I saw how it worked and liked it.

While it wasn't a novel that I jumped into and couldn't put down, I enjoyed reading it and found the lives of the character's and authors imagination of what could be fascinating.



View all my reviews

No comments: