Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Review: UnHappenings

UnHappenings UnHappenings by Edward Aubry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I stumbled upon this book my accident while looking for something to read from the kindle store.

The initial concept is really fun and interesting- the narrator's life keeps 'unhappening' meaning there are little things around him that change, and no one notices but him. He meets a girl who knows what it's like, and knows what's happening.

UnHappenings is so well thought out. It has the potential to be really confusing, but it's not, not at all.

As I joyfully made my way through this page-turner, a few thoughts did creep in my mind, mainly that the whole book kind of centers around the complete selfishness of the main characters. I began to worry about this as it was revealed. But I needen't have worried. Stick with it to the end. Like I said, this novel is so well thought out, and the issue is thoroughly addressed.


Anyway, this is going to go on my 'highly-recommended' shelf.

I'm a little worried about the half sequel/companion novel in the works. They tend to lose the wonder of the original- but do know in this book the story is contained and all the lose ends are tied, so you can just read this by itself.


View all my reviews

No comments: