Friday, January 18, 2013

Review: Breed


Breed
Breed by Chase Novak

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Breed is about a couple who desperate wants to conceive, and finally gets pregnant with the help of a doctor from some obscure European country. The process however changes their bodies and makes their kids different.

I don't watch horror films (I always have to close my eyes) and I don't typically read horror novels, but I picked this one up and thought the premise sounded interesting enough before I saw that it was supposed to be horror. I decided to read it anyway.

I thought it was a page turner and I was completely into the story all the way through. Well written good story, fun read. Not scary.

I'll never know how people decide when to classify something as 'horror.' Just because people die doesn't make it scary. Just because you say a character was scared won't make me scared... I didn't find it frightening or disturbing...I feel like the grotesque things were written more matter of factually than in a way that should make me fear for the character's safety. Nor did I ever feel any sort of time pressure to get my heart racing. *shrug*



View all my reviews

No comments: