Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Review: Light Boxes: A Novel


Light Boxes: A Novel
Light Boxes: A Novel by Shane Jones

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Light Boxes is about a town experiencing a perpetual winter and an end to flight (birds, balloons) at the hand of February.

I enjoyed this book. It was really sweet, gentle, soothing even. Although I did at one time get confused with February.

Some of the typography decisions really worked and added to the feel of the novel, while others I could have done without. I liked more of the atypical typography than I disliked, however. The chapters start in various ways and sometimes it's first person while others there is a narrator, which I didn't feel added to the story in any other way than to make it different.

It's a quick read and it's definitely different than the majority of books out there, so if you're looking to shake up your reading habits, you can't go wrong with this novel.



View all my reviews

No comments: